First Aid Training : Sydney
This First Aid training course is suitable for anyone requiring a senior first aid certificate. This first aid course is especially relevant for anyone who is required to, or who may be required to give first aid in their workplace. This 1 day WorkCover and VETAB accredited course covers the outcomes required to recognise and respond to an emergency using basic life support measures.
Study the Senior First Aid course theory at your own pace via distance learning then attend a 1 day practical to fast-track your skills. You will be required to complete a workbook prior to the course.
- Basic principles and concepts underlying the practice of first aid.
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injury and illness.
- Priorities of management in first aid when dealing with life threatening conditions.
- Basic health and safety requirements in the provision of first aid.
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions.
- Chain of survival.
- First Aiders' skills and limitations .
- Understanding of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), including when to use and when not to use one.
Who Should Attend
- Workplace Health and Safety Committee members (HSCs)
- Workplace Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs)
- Line Managers
- Department Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- WHS Managers
- Workplace First Aiders