TLID2003 Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
Face to Face Training
- Public Courses or in Your Workplace.
This nationally recognised Hazardous Substances training course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances, including identifying requirements for working with them, confirming site incident procedures and selecting safe handling techniques.
This hazardous substance training course also provides participants with the skills to assist in implementing risk management strategies in accordance with legislative requirements. It includes WHS requirements, applying codes of practice and established procedures for the safe handling of dangerous goods and hazardous substances where work is performed under general supervision.
Identify requirements for working with dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances
- Dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances are identified from information including class labels, manifests and other documentation
- Storage requirements for hazardous substances and/or dangerous goods are identified and applied
- Legislative requirements for hazardous substances and/or dangerous goods are known and used to plan work activities
- Handling procedures for different classes and characteristics of goods are observed
- Confirmation is sought from relevant personnel where dangerous goods or hazardous materials do not appear to be appropriately marked
Confirm site incident procedures
- Incident reporting processes are identified
- Emergency equipment is located and checked according to workplace procedures and statutory regulations
- Emergency procedures are identified and confirmed
Select handling techniques
- Load handling and shifting procedures are selected in accordance with identified requirements for particular goods
- Handling equipment is checked for conformity with workplace requirements and manufacturers guidelines
- Where relevant, suitable signage is checked for compliance with workplace procedures
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone working in the transport, warehousing, distribution and storage industries who is required to handle dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances. It may also be customised to suit any other industry or workplace where handling of workplace substances is undertaken.
Our Hazardous substances training is conducted face to face in a classroom environment. We also offer this Nationally Recognised Hazardous Substances Course online.
How is this Course Assessed?
- Group discussion and practical activities in the workplace or simulated workplace.
- Short answer quizzes
- Case studies