Understanding the Role of the NSW HSR
What does an HSR do? This HSR course is designed to provide managers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills to work effectively with HSRs to satisfy mandatory consultation legal requirements and help create healthy and safe workplaces. This course is based on the SafeWork NSW consultation requirements.
- The legislative requirements for consultation under the Work Health and
Safety legislation, including requirements to elect and train HSRs.
- The importance of safety leadership in creating a positive safety culture
- Work groups and Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs)
- Obligations of employers to HSRs
- Overview of the training that HSRs
receive on the 5 day initial training
course and the Refresher training.
- The functions, role & powers of HSRs
(including the limitations of those
- Legal requirements regarding the iss
ue of and compliance with PINs
(Provisional Improvement notices) and cease work notices
- What to do if you receive a PIN
Working with HSRs to create healthy and safe workplaces
Who Should Do the Course?
Managers and Supervisors.
This course is available for delivery at your site and is ideally conducted in the actual workplace of participants.
Click here for details of the 5 day HSR Training Course
Click here for the details of the 1 day HSR Refresher Course