Safety Committee Training Course
This safety committee training course is designed to give participants' the necessary skills and knowledge to be an effective member of the Health and Safety Committee (HSC) under the WHS Act 2011.
The role of the Health and Safety Committee members is to ensure genuine representation in health and safety matters that affect to Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU - the new term that includes employers).
Topics Covered - Day 1
- Work Health and Safety Framework.
- Current Legislation
- Health & safety Terminology
- Consultation, Representation and Participation.
- Effective Safety Committee Meetings.
- Issue Resolution, Support for HSCs.
- Risk Management
- Notifiable Incidents
- Safe Work Method Statements - Theory
- Provisional Improvement Notices and directing unsafe work to cease.
Topics Covered - Optional Day 2
- Workplace inspection (practical exercise).
- Safe Work Method Statements (practical exercise)
- Committee Meeting Practical Exercise
Who Should Attend: